View Single Post
Old 02-16-2019, 07:44 AM  
SandyT
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Cage seems small

Thank you all for your replies. I discovered those pictures of the 2 eco habitats together last week, they look amazing. I have been persevering with the out of cage time. I don't currently have a wheel in there because I thought it would be more interesting to her if it was different to her cage and also thought that with her running around in there, should wouldn't need it. I will look into a wheel or a large saucer for her. She runs over me a little more than she did but purely as an escape route, this is when I am in there with her. When she's in there on her own, I have a lot more stuff in there than in your videos, Serendipity as I thought they didn't like open space. She's still trying to escape the play pen. She's not really interested in food when she's in there. I haven't really done anything different with her cage, other than put those water bottle stands in there. I did do a spot clean but these new behaviors have only started since she suddenly became more confident. Her bar chewing had increased and I do try and ignore her. Her wheel is fine, it's A Silent Runner. She has the large Rodipet labyrinth house. Lots of substrate.
It might sound silly but what do you consider fully hands take? Currently, she runs from hand to hand and up my arms. On occasion she will stay still for a few seconds. She likes to burrow between my arm and body to try and escape! She climbs up my arms and onto my shoulders. She's about 5 or 6 months old now but I knew that as she'd been in P@H for so long and not much handling, that taming would take a while.
I'm just concerned that she's really unhappy and stressed and I feel like I'm not doing my best by her.
SandyT is offline   Reply With Quote