View Single Post
Old 02-15-2019, 11:59 AM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Harry Hamster Mix and then what?

It's far too overwhelming and complicated and doesn't need to be really. A tablespoon of Harry Hamster is all they need really. It contains everything and is sugar free which is good.

Ditto Cypher basically! I give a bit of fresh veg and a couple of "extras" each day, half a nut, a bit of fruit or a healthy treat - occasionally a bit of cheddar cheese and or pumpkin seeds stuck in a ball for him to attack and pull out or a few sunflower seeds. Our hammy won't eat mealworms or anything remotely resembling an insect.

They love anything fresh and probably get a healthier diet than me with the hamster mix and bit of veg. I do give half a brazil nut a week partly for protein and partly because it contains something that builds the immune system.

For many years people just fed hamsters human leftovers from their dinner! So meat and two veg is probably a good balance really - but these days it's safer to give a mix with all the necessary nutrients and protein in and supplement ad hoc. That's what I do anyway.

I used to use Harry Hamster but now use the Rodipet Organic syrian mix - it's a bit low on protein though so needs supplementing.

They also like a bit of scrambled egg ona teaspoon now and then as well so that's also good protein.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote