View Single Post
Old 02-14-2019, 08:34 AM  
BorisPasha
PM Fluffy for custom title

Red face Happy Whisker Kisses Day

Valentines2019.jpg

Happy Whisker Kisses Day to all the hoomans and floofs at HC My hams all chose hearts based on their feelings about Valentines Day
Top to bottom, left to right we have: - Feliks, Snappy, Sparky, Veikko, Delphia

I want to give you all an update as I haven't managed to be as active as I usually am the last couple of months. It seems to be one thing after another at the moment. As I think I mentioned in my Christmas post Veikko took ill a week before Christmas with diarrhoea. We took him to the vets and got a weeks course of antibiotics which didn't help. They then gave us some medicine for parasites which didn't help either. Then we got another course of parasite medicine which we had to give him at 2 weekly intervals. In between Veikko's vet trips, and also Pasha's 1st anniversary, I discovered a lump on Feliks's 'armpit'. The vet advised to give a saline solution for a week. It didn't seem to help but the lump eventually faded and looks like scar tissue now.

Then Artie passed away and 2 days later I noticed a lump on Sparky, we took him to the vets. He had to get surgery on the 1 year anniversary of Boris going to the rainbow bridge which filled me with dread. Luckily he came through the surgery well and it turned out to be a cyst. This is a picture of my Frankenstein hamster from today. It's been 2 weeks since his surgery and he's doing very well. The cyst was very large and grew very quickly so she had to cut part of his 'onesie' away so he's looking quite thin on one side

FrankenSparky.jpg

Just when I thought we were finally getting back to normal, Veikko had diarrhoea again on Monday, though thankfully he's been ok since and last night I discovered a lump on Snappy We are off to the vets this evening, it feels exactly like Sparky's lump so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he will recover as well as Sparky did.

So it's been a rather busy and stressful 2 months at the hamster home for ill and geriatric hamsters

I hope you're all well, hamsters and humans alike
BP x

Bossed around by Artie, Spartacus, Snapdragon, Feliks, Veikko & Delphia.
Boris, Pasha, Jaska & Max playing at the rainbow bridge, forever loved.

https://www.instagram.com/wehave3hamsters/
BorisPasha is offline   Reply With Quote