View Single Post
Old 02-13-2019, 08:31 AM  
peridotgreen
Adult Hamster

Default Re: how long can a hamster be left alone? please answer asap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity7000 View Post
No more than 2 nights as Souffle says. It isn't just about food and water either. Ours pined when they sensed no-one was there.

Sorry your Dad is being difficult. I suppose he wouldn't want anyone coming in to feed them either?

Where are you going for a week? If you could come back every couple of days to feed and water them and have a bit of interaction (even if it's just hearing your voice) that would be better.

If you're staying in another home it might be an option to take the hamster with you and set up the cage there. I have done this in a holiday cottage before when away for a week. But I left the main cage at home and took a smaller "holiday cage" - along with some old bedding bagged up and familiar toys and food bowl etc. It was about 68cm by 45cm (approx duna multy size).

But if you don't have a stable home base for a week then your hammy is best left at home with someone to check every couple of days. No cleaning out needed for a week ad they can manage without out of cage time.

i'm going up north for 1 week, so thats like 4h+ train journey AND new surroundings, not sure she would cope with that. I would also not be able to take a bigger cage with me
peridotgreen is offline   Reply With Quote