View Single Post
Old 02-04-2019, 12:31 AM  
Jamieking86
Newborn Pup

Default Re: My hamster won't exercise

He has a house that came with his old cage, he seemed to love it in their so we transferred it over to his new cage. At the moment he's fine with it but once he grows, he'll probably need something bigger. We are constantly putting torn toilet papaer in though to make sure he is warm enough. Last night though, i think he was too warm because he came out, and fell asleep outside his house on his back with his mouth wide open, it was so cute lol.

We've done a bit of spot cleaning here and their, he likes to poo on his higher pink shelf which if he flicks, can go in between the cage and on the floor so we clean up their every couple of days. We've found his pee spot, he seems to have 2 so we cleaned their too and replaced it with fresh substrate and mixed it in, so looks like we're doing the right thing?

I've checked his house a couple times too, the roof just pops off because we've given him bit's of carrot, banana, blueberries, strawberrys etc (which he loves) which he has hoarded in their and i don't want anything like that going off and smelling, but any food we take out we always replace with his normal food. Thank you for your response, it's quite reassuring knowing he's still new to everything and still settling in, we thought their was something wrong.
Jamieking86 is offline   Reply With Quote