View Single Post
Old 02-03-2019, 12:20 PM  
Melinda1989

Default Help: My Syrian hamster is ill (suspect molar pain, cheek abscess)

Hi my little Syrian hamster looks ill for the past few days. About a week ago had a lump on one of his cheeks but he was still fine and eating also using his wheel. About four days ago he stopped interacting, and he only comes out of his bed to use his potty and to get some food. He was eating well for the past days but today I was not satisfied with how much he ate. I went to the vet yesterday I was suspecting he is in pain, so did the vet. He gave him Loxicom ( Metacam) once daily. It looks like the pain gone as he moved a bit around in his cage, but he was moving wobbly. He had his chest and neck looking wet (could be saliva). I am afraid he had issues with his molars. He does not have overgrown tweets, as I saw him yawning. I think he is a bit dehydrated now, as he does not uses his bottle. Please advise. Unfortunately I cannot find a vet experienced with hamsters in my area. Should I try giving him Baytril? In case he has a mouth absence. By the way he is 2 y old but until a week ago he was an active and a young hammy. Thanks a lot for your help.
Melinda1989 is offline   Reply With Quote