View Single Post
Old 02-02-2019, 08:08 AM  
mikatelyn
Hamster Pup

Default Re: I have the hammie version of the guy from Memento

Good to know about hamster diabetes! I'll stop worrying about overfeeding then.
I had to look up what a monkey nut is. Unless google has failed me, yes I believe I did give him a monkey nut (if it's a peanut with the shell intact). He chewed through the whole thing in 1 play session, and even after he'd harvested the nuts inside the shell, went back and chewed on the shells some more!
As I type he is happily running all over me in the bathtub. Maybe he's a multiple personality hamster, and the more confident, friendly one only comes out in the mornings?
Thanks do much, Cypher! There's so much conflicting and bad advice out there, thanks for clarifying and correcting the misinformation! In the first week I went to 3 different pet stores, and all of them tried to sell me the wrong supplies including a cage that was way too small, a wheel he couldn't even physically fit in much less run on, corn cob litter that I later read can get moldy really quickly, and that fluffy bedding that can cause choking or foot amputations.
Unfortunately, I think I have to try to clean his den/tunnels soon because it's really starting to smell, so hopefully that doesn't set him back too much. Maybe with the added hidey spots I'm planning to put in and all the scatter feeding it won't be too bad.
mikatelyn is offline   Reply With Quote