View Single Post
Old 02-02-2019, 03:48 AM  
mikatelyn
Hamster Pup

Default Re: I have the hammie version of the guy from Memento

As weird as it might sound, I feel oddly relieved that you've identified some things that are wrong or at least suboptimal with the cage, because that means I can do something about it!

I scattered food around his cage after I read your other reply, and maybe I'm being overly optimistic, but he already seems more lively and active, not hiding as much the last couple of hours.

I've been thinking about trying a millet spray but was worried about him being too full to want treats from me. Plus I read that hamsters are prone to diabetes, so I've just been offering his normal seed mix and some occasional fresh veggies like kale, cucumber, or small pieces of carrot. I'll definitely go get some now! They're so pretty in the cage too. He's not much of a chewer, has ignored every wooden or lava stone chew toy I gave him. I tried a milk bone after reading that somewhere. He loves them! I try not to give more than one every 1-2 weeks. I gave him a walnut last week to chew on instead.He immediately carried it off like it was his biggest prize, it was so cute.

I feel compelled to share some cute Smokey photos. He really is ridiculously cute. Hopefully I'll have some progress to share soon, as well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg VideoCapture_20190202-030958.jpg (144.9 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg 20190202_031205.jpg (260.2 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg VideoCapture_20190202-031453.jpg (127.1 KB, 18 views)
mikatelyn is offline   Reply With Quote