View Single Post
Old 01-27-2019, 12:04 PM  
Sebario
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Opinions needed for larger cage

I've never come across my hamster being stressed from changing his cage.

I would normally keep a deep substrate and a little of his old bedding underneath the platform, sandbath, food bowl, water bottle and chew toy on top of the platform and surround with an upright bendy bridge that keeps the corner dark which he seems to like. The hideout always gets buried by him moving the substrate around which looks funny after a week. Then I keep the wheel in the same place and rearrange toys and other enrichments.

Has anybody done this with their hamster using 2 cages identical and set ups?

I understand if the hamster were transferred into different cages and different set ups because of their poor sight but very intrigued to find out if a hamster is truly stressed as hamsters very much like to explore.

He also has a large floorspace to roam around in and has outside time for around an hour 4 times a week.

I will try out your suggestions and see if there is any change in his behaviour but thanks for the advice, I appreciate it and I've decided to get the Living World Large cage when it gets back in stock. I can not wait to fill it with substrate - Yay!
Sebario is offline   Reply With Quote