View Single Post
Old 01-22-2019, 05:44 PM  
teamlamont
Newborn Pup

Default New little guy doesn't like to chew things.

Hi everyone! First time hamster owner here. My little dwarf hybrid is super cute and friendly but I am concerned he is not chewing much and I don't want his teeth to get overgrown.

Some background: He came home with me just over two weeks ago and seems to be adjusting nicely. Very friendly to me and lets me handle him after some bonding time and doesn't bite now that he knows my hands are not food. When I got him I was told he was just 3 months old.

I have used stick type chews, the pumice-type triangles, raw wood, cardboard, etc and cannot get him to chew things. I even tried putting a little natural penutbutter on some and he just licked it off. I tried a walnut in the shell, slightly cracked but he didn't seem to have the motivation so want to chew it open.

Any thoughts here or suggestions?

Finally, he does not use anything for nesting (EG, toilet paper, tissue, etc) other than his bedding (care fresh substrate).

Are these things he might grow out of as he is still adjusting to his new home or just something some little fur balls don't do?

Thanks in advance for all your help and for bing so kind and welcoming in this forum.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg S1380001.JPG (1.43 MB, 24 views)

Last edited by teamlamont; 01-22-2019 at 10:28 PM. Reason: spelling
teamlamont is offline   Reply With Quote