Thread: Get or Avoid?
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2019, 12:40 PM  
cypher
Dwarf whisperer

Default Re: Get or Avoid?

That all sounds good
I think the rodipet food will be a good choice, not all syrians like mealworms or shrimps but she may do, there are a few different types of freeze dried chicken around but as long as it's just plain chicken that's fine for extra protein, not sure about syrian size pieces though.
I have one of the rodipet things for a bottle & bowl, the granite base is really nice, I didn't like the bottle holder much as I just thought the bottle moved too much when a ham tried to drink from it but the bowls are great, all my hams have had rodipet bowls for years now & they do well with them.
I agree that you don't need to worry about wearing claws down just yet, you can add things in later to help with that if need be.
I always think it's better to be a bit over cautious about falls with young hams as they can be a bit silly with all their exploring but your cage looks fine to me, I don't think you really have anything to worry about.
I wouldn't buy anything from those open weigh your own things, nuts especially go rancid quickly when exposed to air & you really don't know what else they may have been exposed too, with nuts sealed bags are best.
Feeding & doing water when they're asleep is probably best for the first few days but once she starts to get used to you being around feeding time can help with taming/bonding so you can do it when she's awake.
❤️
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote