View Single Post
Old 01-21-2019, 10:44 AM  
SKB_Hamsters
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: All About My Liquorice

Thank you cypher and Pinkpixie, she is really enjoying life and all of the cuddles she gets with me. Her personality has blossomed and yes she does have a sunny and winsome personality – she is truly a special little girl!

Liquorice Allsorts including Palace Cage Layout – January 2019

Last week Liquorice cage got a clean and a makeover – as she needed a new layout to keep her adventurous wild side entertained after becoming bored of her previous set up. It did take me a while to get her cage to look like how I wanted it too – as I had so much I wanted to fit in but was difficult to fit it all in with a way that I was happy with. Luckily Liquorice was happy to sleep in her carrier whilst cleaning which allowed me enough time to experiment.

So this is how tidy her cage looked after I set it up – as it didn’t stay tidy for long as she had to make her own adjustment to the layout – i.e. just knock all her chews over and trample all over them. But she loving herself.

Despite getting a new layout she still wants to come out twice a day for playtimes – in which it always a challenge to try and persuade her that it time to go back even after she been out for an hour as every time I go to pick her up she will run off although a few times she will hop into my hand which I take that as the prime opportunity to return her to her cage.

I bought some Flax sprays for both Liquorice and Humbug to try – as these have gone done very well with my past hamsters who have gotten to try them. Liquorice loved them – as soon as I placed it in her cage she was out gobbling up the seed pods – which was a perfect photo opportunity as she sat still for long enough not to get blurred photos.

Liquorice is also loving her wintery cottage (coconut topped hay house) – managed to fit it in her cage as an additional level but also to give her something to chew on other than her shelf legs which I had replaced with thicker wood or her house. This morning I awoke to her chewing on it from the inside which was making a bit of a racket but she was happy which all that matters although normally at that time in the morning I’m on my way to work so she was probably assuming I wasn’t still in bed but it was my day off – we even had a cuddle which is a quite rare occurrence in the morning!

This is the home-improvement I discovered to her DIY house and bendy bridge when I cleaned her cage plus a photo of her chewing her wintery cottage …

Owning Hamsters since Nov 2007
SKB_Hamsters is offline   Reply With Quote