Thread: My Ratties!!
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2019, 06:22 AM  
Abi5sos1d
Adult Hamster

Default Re: My Ratties!!

Hi everyone,

I know I haven't been on here for a very long time, but alot of things have happened since I was last on here.

Leo had to have surgery over Christmas because he had a middle ear infection, which was caused by a respiratory infection. He was on meds since the summer but they were not working and he developed an abscess, from then he was put on different meds and the abscess burst, but sadly that was not the end of it.

His abscess then reoccurred after a couple of weeks so I took him back to the vets, and his vet took a sample of the pus coming from his abscess to start a culture.
Unfortunately there were no conclusive results from the culture, so the last resort was for him to into surgery to have his abscess explored.

Attached is a picture of how Leo looked a few hours after his surgery, he had to be separated from the other boys for a few days so hence why he was in a small cage. I was told by the vet that his abscess was caused by a middle ear infection, that was caused by a respiratory infection so hence why it kept reoccurring.

Leo no longer has any hearing in the ear that was infected, however he is still the sweet and happy rattie that I know! He has had no more health problems and he's enjoying life again with his brothers in his brand new cage!

I will post more pictures of him and his brothers in a further post.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20181212_174027.jpg (4.88 MB, 6 views)
Abi5sos1d is offline   Reply With Quote