View Single Post
Old 01-20-2019, 08:31 AM  
cypher
Dwarf whisperer

Default Re: Chicken baby food

A little bit of the sweeter veg in baby food is ok now & then but tbh the amount of protein she would get from a tiny bit of baby food wouldn't be much, it would be fine to give her some once in a while anyway if she likes it, none of my Russian hams have ever liked meat baby foods for some reason but they all love baby cauliflower cheese!
Cheese should only really be given as a rare treat, mine do get a little now & then but probably not more than once a month, if that even.
Scrambled egg or boiled egg, especially the white if fine as a protein top up, again not too often.
I'm a bit iffy about giving mushrooms, not sure why as they are supposed to be safe but I just don't feel certain about it.
You can get shrimps from a lot of places online, not sure about pet shops as I've never really looked, I've had them from ratrations & rodipet among other places, can't remember where now! They are a lot lower in fat than mealworms so a good alternative & generally well liked.
Which mix are you feeding her? She may not need that much extra protein.

Forgot to mention you can get dried chicken, the one I've been using from Zooplus has been discontinued sadly but you could try thrive chicken which is available in most pet shops & maybe even supermarkets, bit hit & miss with mine, Zylvan loves it Míri won't touch it & I've not had much luck trying it with Russian hams in the past but you never know! Don't buy Dokas dried chicken from Zooplus though, it goes mouldy.
❤️

Last edited by cypher; 01-20-2019 at 08:36 AM.
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote