View Single Post
Old 01-16-2019, 12:30 AM  
Jamieking86
Newborn Pup

Default Re: New hamster sleeping in toilet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity7000 View Post
Tricky if the only place to put the wheel is where his nest is and he's just settling in. Do you have a photo of the cage? Might be able to suggest an alternative placing/fixing for the wheel. Could it not be freestanding?

I have attached the image, I hope i've done the it correctly, i'm new here

I am going to take the old wheel out as i don't know if he's ever used it and it's too small anyway so it may stand their but ideally i'd like to fit it on the side of the cage just to make that little bit more room. We do plan on getting the bigger cage for him soon anyway, would you say wait till we've had him a couple of week before we start moving him around again?

Also when should we start trying to tame him? We've only had him 4 days but when he's up and about we always get up to see him, try talk to him, get used to our voices and our scent. Should we do this or just let him be for now? Sometimes we're watching TV, we turn round and he's stood on his shelf on his back feet just looking at us, it's so cute, we get up to say hello but then he just runs in his tube as if to say "haha you can't get me". He's started spending a lot of time in his tube, we went to bed last night, he was falling asleep in their, we got up this morning and he was still their. Hopefully he will have been out since but it's hard to tell, is this normal though? He's started pooping in their and taking food in their, you can see his head and bum in the right hand side of the tube, that's where he usually stays for a long time. I know it's still very early days but just hope he isn't too scared of us. I tried handing him a treat this morning, he didn't take it but he was giving me a good sniff for a good 20 seconds, he put his nose on my finger, hopefully this is a good sign he isn't scared of us?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 49947909_387670031805462_5797028298416455680_n.jpg (379.6 KB, 26 views)
Jamieking86 is offline   Reply With Quote