View Single Post
Old 01-13-2019, 09:56 AM  
SKB_Hamsters
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: All About My Liquorice

Thank you Coco61, Rads, cypher, mangoandmimi, pinkpixie and Thin Lizzy, Liquorice has been a huge comfort to me and really has been keeping a smile on my face with her silly antics. I think herself (and also Treacle) enjoyed Christmas I did go all out for them but they both deserved it. Plus she keep showing me he adorable torty belly - and I have been happy to oblige to the cuddle demands as she has blossomed into a really sweetie!

Mischief!

Liquorice spends majority of her time getting up to mischief - she really allowing her true self to shine past her initial shy exterior still lacks some confidence but we are getting there.

The funniest thing happened the other evening not long after I turned the lights of to go to bed as I had to be up early for work the next day so I couldn't get her out in the evening for her nightly playtime - so she wasn't to impressed but she began amusing herself in her cage when all of a sudden I heard a sound of one of her hanging toys dropping (she has chewed the string of her garland) and when I switched the lights on the innocent and bewildering expression on her face made me burst out in laughter - she looked so confused at to what had just happened but yet I could see her thinking "it just fell on it own!". Luckily the chewed string could easily be tied back together to repair it.

When Liquorice is in her house she can be mischievous - often in the evening when I'm sitting downstairs watching TV I will hear banging the roof of her house. If I put the roof back on her house properly she will soon dislodge it she even started doing some renovation to her house as she been chewing the top corner and also the roof obvious making it the perfect place to sleep in!

Liquorice is still thoroughly enjoying her playtime in her playpen - and most day she gets to come out twice - once in the early evening around 5 ish and then later at 10 - so I made a few more panels for it so she could have a larger playpen to have fun in. The other day I got her a new hideaway and I thought I would see what she thought of it during her playtime and she very happy with it - I got her the p@h wintery cottage which was reduced by 75% from £10 to £2.50 so thought I would get it for her to chew up and enjoy. This is Liquorice beside her new house for size comparison ...

and also here are a few more clear photos from her playtime she often to quick darting around and playing with her toys to be still for a photo ...

I believe every evening she is intently listening for me to walk up the stairs - as she will be sitting in her treat dish with her torty tummy on full display wanting cuddles and also her evening treats - majority of the days treats will come second to cuddles. As soon as I get her out for cuddles she will climb up to my shoulder and sit beside my neck - although I get a bit paranoid when she attempt to climb down my back where I can't see her (so always make sure I'm sitting down) but once she been put back she will always want another but I don't mind giving her lots of cuddles as at one point when she kept biting me when taming I didn't know if we would get to this point but happy we did as she a real sweetheart.

Liquorice cage will be getting a tidy up and a clean tomorrow as her cage is a right mess and I think a change of toys will help to keep her amused a bit more as I think she becoming slightly bored as she been getting a bit more mischievous. I have tried to keep her cage tidy but she will knock everything over making her cage look a right state but messy cage = happy hamster!

I must admit I was a little worried at the idea of bringing a new little Russian home due to how close we have become and I was worried how she would take having another hamster in my bedroom again as even though she was used to having Treacle in the same room I was worried that she had adjusted to it just being her that she might not be herself - however I haven't even noticed a change in her behaviour since bringing Humbug home (All About My Humbug ) - her routine hasn't changed plus still make sure I wash my hand between handling either of them. It so lovely to have a hamily of 2 again!

Owning Hamsters since Nov 2007

Last edited by SKB_Hamsters; 01-13-2019 at 10:06 AM.
SKB_Hamsters is offline   Reply With Quote