View Single Post
Old 01-08-2019, 04:49 PM  
mangoandmimi
Little Miss Tinytoes

Default Re: Dangerous Rodipet Product!

Yeah kapok feels different to the cotton stuff - don’t know about rolling into longer threads though, wouldn’t have thought it could but don’t really know about that. Not really heard of tangling becoming an issue when using kapok either. To be honest I’ve heard more concerns about the dust in kapok than anything else. I don’t know what the short cotton fluffy bedding is but obviously none of that is safe anyway regardless of the fibre length.

This one blockage experiment has been floating around the internet for years (I’m sure there’s others) but this was just for kapok. It can cause blockages but supposedly only if the digestive system isn’t working as it should, so if they’re not on a proper diet or something. And then that would be true for pretty much anything entering their system really. The stuff with seeds in definitely isn’t as good or safe.

Wouldn’t quote me on any of that though as it’s really not something I’ve properly looked into. But the people who do use it know a lot more about it and definitely wouldn’t put their hamsters in any unnecessary danger, I’d say they’re more cautious about things like that than we are a lot of the time.
mangoandmimi is offline   Reply With Quote