View Single Post
Old 12-29-2018, 04:09 PM  
chesca_27
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: Sleep tight Oreo - my gorgeous guinea

Thank you all so much It means a lot to me that other people care about Oreo.

Pemba is still quite upset and not being as active as normal, but I am keeping an eye on him. Somehow, he's gained weight so I suspect when Oreo was eating less and he was eating the extra and I've been quite generous with veggies and nuggets recently.

I want to get another piggie for him but I'm in a bit of a dilemma because I'm not allowed any more and I can't bare the thought of having to give him up and not having any guinea pigs, but I really don't want to keep him on his own. Because I'll probably be going to university in a couple of years, my mum doesn't want me to get any more guinea pigs, so he either has to be rehomed or live on his own. I love him too much to be able to give him up, especially as I know I can still give him a good home with correct care and a big cage, when there are so many other guinea pigs who are already in rescues, waiting to find homes. However, I don't want him to be lonely and miserable for the rest of his life (he's estimated to be three and a half, but he could be older). I'm not really sure what to do because I love him so much and he's so sweet and friendly and this is already his second home and I don't want to stress him out by taking him back to the rescue but it's unfair to keep him on his own.