View Single Post
Old 12-27-2018, 02:39 AM  
alpacassei
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Goodnight Stephano

My oldest Russian Dwarf Stephano passed away peacefully in his sleep on December 18th at 2 years and 4 months old. He was a sweet hammie and I’ll miss him a lot but I am grateful he lived a long life and had a peaceful death.

I remember when I first bought him and his brother, all their littermates had been sold already and they were running around their pet store tank carrying woodshavings in their mouths to build their nests. After they finished, Stephano tested out their new nest by sleeping and Francisco came up to the glass to say hello. I fell in love with them immediately and reserved them to pick up after Uni.

I learnt a lot about hamster care from Stephy and Franny, I also made a lot of mistakes (the Mini Duna with only 1 inch of substrate) and I am very grateful for everything that Stephano and his brother Francisco had to teach me.

I’m sorry if I sound kind of numb throughout this post, I don’t think I’ve fully processed his death to be honest. I had him for so long it felt like he’d be around forever . I’ll try to update later with some more memories and photos of my tiny Stephy angel.
alpacassei is offline   Reply With Quote