View Single Post
Old 12-11-2018, 10:59 PM  
cypher
Dwarf whisperer

Default Re: Anxious Hamster?

Some hams do take a lot longer to tame than others & need a lot more time & patience.
If she's that nervous I wouldn't try picking her up & handling her just yet, spend lots of time just talking to her as you are, even if she's hiding away, you can try doing that then leaving a small treat when you walk away to help her associate your presence with nice things.
It's promising that she is making some progress with what you're doing & it may just be a case of lots of time & patience before she gets really confident.

If you can get her out, get her to climb into something she's comfortable with, and take her to a playpen or safe play area to run around with toys, wheel etc then you might find interacting with her easier, I would go slow though, just let her get used to being near hands or running over them to begin with, let her climb on you if she wants to but don't try to rush things, if she gets anxious out of the cage just keep sessions really short to begin with.
❤️
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote