View Single Post
Old 12-11-2018, 04:17 AM  
buttercuplols
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Lost post re: fresh food

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher View Post
I don't think it's on here, I vaguely remember seeing something like that on the Hamster Hideout forum or it could even have been somewhere else not sure now!
You don't have to worry about quantities so much really, with veg a thumbnail size piece is a good place to start, I've never found mine to over eat veg so I don't worry too much.
Were you looking for other foods besides veg?

Thee's the wiki lists are here.
Safe and Unsafe Food and Plants - Hamster Central WIKI.

This is my veg list if that's any help.
Safe veg, those marked * are relatively high in sugar so only feed to diabetes prone species as an occasional treat if at all.
Asparagus
Basil
Broccoli
Brussels sprouts
Common or red clover
Cabbage, green or red
Carrot*
Cauliflower
Celery
Chard
Coriander
Courgette
Cress (not mustard & cress as commonly sold together)
Cucumber
Dandelion leaves & flowers
Endive/chicory
Green beans/runner beans
Kale
Lettuce (not iceberg)
Pak choi/Bok choi
Parsley
Peas/mange tout/sugar snap/snow*
Peppers, any colour
Potato/sweet potato cooked only*
Radicchio
Spinach
Squash/pumpkin*
Swede
Sweet corn/baby corn*
Turnip
Thanks cypher! That's a really good list to get going! I do remember mostly but just like to have something to refer back to and wanted to make sure I'm careful with my tiny dwarf as I haven't had one in over 20 years (all Syrians in between) and remembered this table with ticks in boxes for dwarves. Maybe it was another site or forum. If I find it later I'll pop a link up. And of course, I'm always open to any other advice and suggestions.

I'm vegetarian and eat a lot of whole food so I'm certain there's loads in my cupboards that I haven't even considered. Need to get my head around mealworms again. They gross me out. Saying that, the cat gets meat and I've learnt to deal with feeding that!
buttercuplols is offline   Reply With Quote