View Single Post
Old 11-24-2018, 09:01 AM  
spacebyte
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Roborovski weights.

I realise they are all different, wish I could measure them in length so we had a proportion! Crumble has always been the larger sister. I just didn’t think she could be nearly double and still be okay! I gave her a once over this morning as someone on Facebook mentioned looking for lumps and there’s none, but she is a bit “chubby”. She has a wee round belly. Still very active using both her flying saucer and wheel every day, but we are cutting out treats for her.

As for Ruby that’s a bit more of a worry. She is active too, she’s running and climbing and playing, but just doesn’t seem to want to finish her food. I know I should leave it to try and stop her fussy eating but I also feel bad that I’m not refilling her bowl they are both on the burgess dwarf hamster, but we have been slowly switching to bunny dream expert (https://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/small...er/food/620085) as the burgess is discontinued. The nutrients aren’t quite as good but we have but allergies in this house so are a wee bit limited. Was also considering adding some science selective but they are quite big.

We give them fresh food but ruby tends to not eat t all, while crumble will gobble it. Put in treats like millet sprays and crumble will devour hers while Ruby will have a nibble and make it last. They both chew their whimzees a lot so I think their teeth are okay, but I will give ruby a once over just now (she’s a lot speedier and less tame than crumble so wish me luck!) I’ve also bought some baby food for her to try
spacebyte is offline   Reply With Quote