View Single Post
Old 11-24-2018, 07:24 AM  
spacebyte
Hamster Pup

Default Roborovski weights.

Hi everyone, have been busy with my new job so I haven’t really posted here in a while. Need some help with some conflicting info I have been given.

One of my robos, Crumble, is a bigger robo. She is 37g. The other Ruby is 19g, wee. They don’t live together, there’s no food bullying, and they are fed th same. Crumble eats everything she’s given, ruby leaves a lot left over. I have not been keeping track of their weights consistently as they are hard to handle/I was out of the country but this isn’t a sudden change in either of them.

I have been asking around on Facebook about Crumble losing some weight. I had read online that a robos usual weight is 20-30g. Instead I am being told that Ruby is massively underweight and Crumble is a totally normal weight.

I don’t think either of them are at their ideal, but I’d like to know what the ideal actually is? Is Ruby hugely underweight? What food can I give her to make her eat more/gain weight? She does eat, her teeth are okay and she chews on things, she just doesn’t seem as interested as Crumble. Are there “runt” hamsters?

Should I limit Crumbles food more? They were fed by my boyfriend for a month which had meant more food than usual, but I’m home now and feed less often, and have stopped giving crumble treats.

Please help I have no idea how I’ve ended up with two who weigh so different!
spacebyte is offline   Reply With Quote