View Single Post
Old 11-17-2018, 06:27 PM  
Rads
The Hamographer

Default Re: What is your opinion on hamster balls?

All our Hamsters have had Hamster balls, none have had any problems with them at all, oddly enough they have all liked running them to the front door where they always have sat quite often sniffing what must be out side and having a good general cleaning session, they all have liked to poo in the hamster ball too, some more than others.

Forest Ham#1, being Mr Clever actually worked out how to get out of his hamster ball, firstly he would run at the wall and split his ball open to escape, once the ball was taped up he would actively wedge his ball some where with the lid uppermost and actually try turning the lid to get out when he succeeded we had to tape it up. He would wait till I presented the ball to him then get in to it as happy as Larry.

Pippin aka Pip Ham#2, would take it or leave it, if she felt like it would happily use the ball, though I do think she became bored with it after about 15 mins, she much preferred the sofa or the coffee table top to run about on, but then she was such a diva.

Ghost Ham#3, Like Pip he also get in the ball if he feels like it, gets about the house and then after a while goes and sits at the front door while he has a wash and brush up.

I never force a Ham into the ball, they go in and use it as they want to, I let it be their choice, always supervised as well.
Rads is offline   Reply With Quote