View Single Post
Old 11-17-2018, 02:21 PM  
MeganAndMisty
Hamster Pup

Default Re: ~Little Miss Mabel's Thread!~

I don't know what to put here i'm really confused about a hour ago I went to check on Mabel because I was meant to be sleeping out tonight so I was going to feed her and give her fresh water. Usually when I make even the smallest noise like putting food in her bowl or moving some bedding she immediately comes out of her den. So I was was worried and I decided to check on her and I found her completely cold.. I'd seen people on facebook talking about hamsters going into hibernation because of the cold and even though I keep my room warm for her I thought maybe that she'd just gotten too cold and gone into hibernation. Unfortunately as soon as I picked her up I could tell straight away that Mabel had passed away.

She was just curled up in her burrow. The last time I saw her properly was last night when I put her back in her cage after play time. I'm so confused and upset and I feel beyond guilty. I thought she was healthy, maybe a little over weight but nothing dramatic. She was eating, drinking and playing like she usually did... I don't understand. I feel so guilty, she was only a few weeks old and she should be alive so it's obviously something that I've done wrong and I feel like the worst person ever.

There was no fresh food in her cage that could have gone bad. There wasn't anywhere she could have fallen from and hurt herself. She had clean food and water and lots of bedding. I don't understand what happened to her, I think I still haven't completely registered what's happened, I wasn't expecting to find her dead and I haven't been able to stop crying. It's night time now, so I'll have to wait until the morning to bury her. I'm so completely heartbroken and I don't know what to say. I feel terrible.

Rest in Peace Mabel <3
MeganAndMisty is offline   Reply With Quote