Thread: New Hamster
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2018, 03:12 AM  
mollusc
Newborn Pup

Default Re: New Hamster

Amazing replies thank you so much for taking the time.

He's a sweet little thing, pretty tame already and comes over to say hi if he's out. I've already got a litter box in there for him and I saw him use it last night which was good. When I transferred him he was in his little purple house asleep so I just lifted the whole thing out so he wasn't even aware he'd been moved and his old bedding is still in there.

He's nesting in his little square boxes attached this the tubes at the moment, he can dig down in the sawdust underneath. He's also got two big wooden boxes - one under this spinning disk and the other is under his shelf both have a decent depth of sawdust in for digging. I have also filled up under his shelf and a bit further out with Kaytee clean and cozy bedding so he can dig if he likes. I also sprinkled a few sunflower seeds and carrot cubes around his cage to get him foraging and exploring - it appears he did last night

I'm just going to leave him now for a few days now to settle in. He was certainly very active last night.

I don't want to put him in a hamster ball. He can't escape the room he is in so when he is a bit tamer and settled he can have supervised running about. It's got no places for him to hide/escape.

Thanks again guys for the advice. The hamster is my daughter's who knew that hamster care has moved on so much since when I had them as a kid in the 70s
mollusc is offline   Reply With Quote