View Single Post
Old 11-10-2018, 01:04 PM  
SKB_Hamsters
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: Important info - Burgess hamster foods

It’s a shame that they have decided to stop producing muesli mixes - especially the dwarf hamster as it very popular mix. I can see partly where this idea comes from using pellets to prevent selective eating - but hamsters would naturally forage so need a variety and enrichment from different seed and nuts - but how they think dwarf, Syrian, mice and gerbils diets can be the same/similar is a little confusing as all have different nutritional needs therefore the mix cannot be called complete pellet surely. Although I don’t mind personally they stopping the dwarf hamster mix - as I tried it with Treacle and she didn’t like it and would leave the majority of it as she doesn’t like millet and I also thought the mix was heavily millet based so lacked a good variety.

Serendipity - I have also seen the science selective pellet have changed hopefully it’s just the shape and not the composition. As I have found my Syrians enjoy them - that I even give them as a treat too as well as adding it to the their food mix. Although I have to break them up for Treacle as they are a little too big for her so hopefully the new shape will mean I won’t have to do this.
I noticed the sand changed at the same time as their packaging - although my girls don’t seem to mind the change.

Owning Hamsters since Nov 2007
SKB_Hamsters is offline   Reply With Quote