Thread: ikea detolf
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2018, 10:04 AM  
pebblethehamster
Newborn Pup

Default ikea detolf

hey!!
currently my hamster is in the savic ruddy 2 rat cage, but i think i’m going to upgrade her to the detolf. she gets restless if i haven’t held her in a couple of days, meaning she must get bored easily.

firstly, is it an actually good cage? i see everyone raving about it, but the ventilation is only at the top. maybe i’m just overthinking it as she’s in a barred cage at the moment and there’s no question about it.

secondly, my parents aren’t the biggest fan of it. they don’t really understand why hamsters need to be in a big cage, so they don’t understand why she needs the detolf. they think that my cage (the minimum in the uk) is already so big, they say she’s living like a queen. the cage i have now is also way overpriced, they don’t want to have to spend more money on her than they already did when i found out my small cage was not okay.

i’m not sure how to ask them for it. i think i’m going to ask for it as my christmas present but i don’t think they will want to get it for me. a while ago i brought it up and they shut me down so fast, saying she’s perfectly fine the way she is. as i said, they think she’s living like a queen.

hope you can help!
pebblethehamster is offline   Reply With Quote