Thread: Míriel
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2018, 11:05 PM  
cypher
Dwarf whisperer

Default Re: Míriel

Thanks dreamtree & SKB.

Taming is still going slowly, she’s very nervous still but curious so we are making a little progress, she will take a treat from me now & sit there & eat it rather than just dropping it & jumping into her wheel waiting until I’ve gone to eat it! She’s not really very food or treat motivated at the moment, I think she’s probably enjoying her food too much after having lab blocks! I don’t think I helped by leaving a large piece of a P@H hamster mince pie (a bit early I know!) in her hammock, she really loves it & either by luck or skill managed to manoeuvre it down on to the floor of the cage, it sat outside her sand bath for a couple of days before she managed to get it in & now I often see or hear her sat in there having a good chew!
She’s a real monkey with bar climbing, so agile! Monday was a real bar climbing fun night, I’d seen her do it a couple of times before but that evening she was at it all the time, I’d spend some time with her then leave her running in her wheel & within a couple of minutes it would go quiet & I’d spot her right up high on the bars time & again She did give me a bit of a scare when she climbed up behind her wheel, stepped onto the top of the wheel & fell off! I’ve seen her in the same spot a few times now, looks at the wheel then climbs down again so maybe she’s a fast learner! She does climb the bars at the front of the cage quite often & then just reaches over & steps into the top hole of her wheel, easy as pie lol! She even climbs her kabob or maybe she’s practising her pole dancing
She’s certainly giving me lots of laughs along with those few scares, never a dull moment!
❤️
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote