View Single Post
Old 10-29-2018, 06:32 PM  
Jesika_
Hamster Pup

Send a message via Skype™ to Jesika_
Default Re: Help!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher View Post
What are you feeding him now? I can't remember which mixes you can get where you are.
His coat does look thin in places, make sure he's getting enough protein, his mix needs to be around 18-19% protein if it's less then you need to supplement it with things like chicken (just plain cooked or dried) mealworms, a little cooked egg, tofu, some extra nuts & seeds would be good to, flax seeds can be very good for the skin & coat condition. Hemp seeds are good too for overall nutrition, just a few added to his mix if you can get them.
Can you get brewers yeast (sold either as a supplementary powder or tablets you can crush)? If you can a tiny bit of that sprinkled on his food would be good if he likes it, some do some don't.
Introduce him to fresh veg too, slowly though, just a little piece once every few days to begin with building up to daily, I would focus on green veg, broccoli, spinach, kale, things like that for now.
Hope that helps.
I am from Indonesia. Mix I can get is only Vitakraft Vital Menu & Life Power. We also got Morning Sun ( They dislike this and only eat when they have no choice ). Now I am feeding ownmade mix where I gather all seed like, peanut, sesame seed, brown rice, millet, grain, green beans. And mix them all together.
This skinny one, didn't eat any of them.
I gave him celery, also dont eat. Bean also didnt eat.
My furthest achievement is plain yogurt and a tiny of banana.
He just eat that...
Yes, we got nutritional yeast and flaxseed, but in other town. Must buy online, which is no problem.. I definitely will purchase flaxseed, brewer yeast, and mealworm.
Thanks for the good information, I will try all your suggestion, and update it again.
Jesika_ is offline   Reply With Quote