View Single Post
Old 10-23-2018, 08:59 AM  
SKB_Hamsters
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: All About My Treacle

Thank you Sasha04, cypher, pinkpixie, mangoandmimi and Thin Lizzy. She does thoroughly enjoy her veggies - majority of the time she will just grab her veg and run off excitedly with it to eat in private but occasionally she will sit within view. I love her lip - it her unique trait which lead her to getting a home with me so I find it special.

Sorry for the delay in updates had some trouble with my internet so couldn’t get on my laptop was going to share this on Monday as I have been busy all week but Internet was down after I had typed up my posts.

Treacle is doing amazing – she still managing to put such a big smile on my face plus melt my heart every day. I have been trying to hold her a little each day just to have some special one to one time with her plus get her more accustomed to me not just being a treat dispenser! Although she still begs for her treats once she returned to her cage. Plus if I don't give her treats when she is begging for them she will start chewing the bars to tell me she still waiting - although by ignoring her she soon stops. It is so lovely being able to hold her bare handed without getting bitten (as Honey and Caramel would have sunk their teeth in if I wasn’t wearing gloves) but Treacle walk from hand to hand. Today during our handling session I let her play with an early Christmas present – the wooden train from this year’s p@h Christmas range – it was so sweet seeing her running through it (I really wanted the one last year but as I didn’t have a dwarf I didn’t purchase it so was so happy to see they had a train this year too!)

I suspect that she might be getting cataract in her eyes – as recently I have notice a tiny white cloudy dot appear in the centre on her eyes – it so small it hard to tell for definite but I have been keeping a close eye on it but it not bothering her in any way plus it hasn’t gotten any bigger from when I first noticed it. Although she is my little old lady!

I must admit I have become a little paranoid about Treacle recently as it nearing 2 month anniversary since bringing her home especially after Maple's passing away so unexpectedly - I have been finding myself checking on her a little more therefore she has been getting spoilt with some extra treats too.

Treacle has also decided that she is going to sleep beneath the plastic rainbow bridge that in front of her wheel. Although being partly transparent she is more than happy to sleep there. It is so cute seeing her getting enjoyment out of this bridge as this was one of the toys I kept from Honey and Caramel so has sentimental meaning to me. Here is her asleep beneath plus poking her nose out when she heard the cage door open before starting to demand treats …

Owning Hamsters since Nov 2007