View Single Post
Old 10-13-2018, 10:23 PM  
MeganAndMisty
Hamster Pup

Default Re: ~Little Miss Mabel's Thread!~

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher View Post
She really is lovely Reminds me of my first ham!
I would try to add a good house to her cage & maybe put more substrate in if you can.
The white thing isn't really much use as a house but a cardboard box with no base & a small door cut in would do fine, big enough to build a nice nest with lots of shredded toilet tissue.
Thank you I do have a cardboard box for her but I didn't know what type of bed she'd like most so I left it out, will definitely put it in when I spot clean later! As for the tissue, there is some in her cage but she doesn't use it. She didn't have any in her cage at the pet shop so I think she just doesn't know what she's supposed to do with it. I usually leave it in the middle of the cage so they can choose where they want to move it to build their nest, but she didn't show any interest in it.. I tried putting it in the house for her but she ended up stuffing it all into her cardboard tube, which is weird since she doesn't sleep in there. I know some people use hay in for the hamsters to nest with so I might try that. She has been burrowing down into the substrate though, so hopefully she's warm enough for now.
MeganAndMisty is offline   Reply With Quote