View Single Post
Old 10-06-2018, 02:49 AM  
LilRussianRebel
Newborn Pup

Default ~Personal Introduction~

Hello Everyone!

This is my first post here at hamstercentral so like most people, I just wanted to write a "short" introduction

I had never previously owned a hamster before February 1st of this year.
I was never allowed any pets as a child due to the lack of being able to properly care for one.

So I took it upon myself to find myself a companion given that I had a bit of money and at the time, was studying a course in animal care.

STORY TIME
As a part of the course, we had to look after different animals for four weeks including an entire section dedicated to just rodents.

My first experience with a hamster occurred during those four weeks, I had been given the task of cleaning out the enclosure of a Russian Dwarf, I'd had no previous experience in handling or cleaning before so this would be an interesting challenge although the cleaning part was pretty self explanatory.

The short interaction that I had with that hamster was to be the beginning of my journey into researching into if a hamster would make a good companion for me, and well nearly six weeks later I finalised that decision by purchasing my Russian Dwarf named Rebel.

I'm hoping to have an independent introduction on her later so if anybody wants to know more about her then you'll find everything you need to know over there!

NOTE
Yes I know I purchased her and a lot of people are advocate of 'Adopt don't Shop' but being honest, I didn't even think to consider adopting a hamster at the time. However any future hamsters that I consider getting for companionship will hopefully all be adoptions or rehomes.
LilRussianRebel is offline   Reply With Quote