View Single Post
Old 10-05-2018, 10:50 PM  
busylizzie71
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Bar chewing - persistent issue

There isn't another house in there at the moment - I did buy another one but didn't put it in because she seemed happy with the upstairs part. I will try adding it and see if it helps, but not sure where as the cage is already pretty crowded because of the huge wheel I have put in to replace the one that came with the cage but didn't work.

I am tempted to remove the top box but I don't want to upset her and she does seem to like it up there. I will try the extra house and I am not sure what whimzees are but I will try a bit of googling and see if they are a practical solution. She has plenty of deep substrate and a little box of sand to dig in too. I have put toilet roll tubes in stuffed with ripped up toilet paper and treats inside but she has no interest in them. In fact she only chews cardboard if we hang it up on the bars of the cage, anything left loose inside the cage is ignored.

I can't believe you would say the HH is small - it was the biggest thing in Pets at Home and twice the size of any previous hamster cage I have owned. It cost £75 and buying another one is not a practical option. I am not sure they even make a bigger one!

I can't add a photo, I just don't have the technical know how I'm afraid. I just get error messages about photo size and I don't understand how to fix it. I will give it another go later but suffice to say the cage is full of toys and a huge wheel (which she does use lots) and everything else I could think of to amuse her.
busylizzie71 is offline   Reply With Quote