View Single Post
Old 09-20-2018, 02:11 PM  
Sazzle
Hamster Pup

Default Re: New ham, starting to grow in confidence - I hope!

Hey everyone.

Wanted to give an update on little Bernie and also to ask for advice yet again (sorry).
Things seemed to be going well, but still couldn’t get him to come near to my hand.

A couple of nights ago I got him to get into a mug and put him into a new big playpen with some toys and things from his cage there. He ran around and seemed really scared. He won’t come near me, even with a treat on my hand. I was worried so I put him back into his tank, when he promptly ran back into his bed.

I thought I’d leave him be so I put some bits in for him and changed his water. Trouble is, since then, he won’t come out at all!

I waited until really late last night and he only came out when I tuned everything off and he thought I’d gone.
It’s the same tonight. No sign of him again. I have an awful feeling that I’ve really frightened him and don’t know what to do for the best.

It’s been 3 weeks now and I still haven’t come near to being able to handle him and now it seems that he doesn’t want to be up when I’m around.

I’m not sure what I should do. I know he’s still only young. He’s probably only about 8 or 9 weeks old now but I just want him to be happy. And he really doesn’t seem it.

Thanks in advance for any advice. X
Sazzle is offline   Reply With Quote