View Single Post
Old 09-19-2018, 11:47 PM  
Issy2017
Newborn Pup

Default Should I move his cage to a different room?

I only got my hamsters a few days ago so know it's early days

But just needing a little advice about where to put their cages.

I have a Syrian and a Russian Dwarf and their cages are both in the living room at moment. I have a 3 year old and a 17 month old so as you can imagine when we are home during the day it can be noisy, the tv is usually on also.

My Russian dwarf doesnt seem phased by anything she's quite a bold little thing really, but my Syrian is a no show all day (expected) but then he also isnt coming out at night anymore either. I literally dont see him unless I check under his platform to check hes alright. To begin with he was coming out around 8pm but now he's a complete no show.

I'm worried that all the daytime activity has frightened him so much that he no longer dares come out at night either when all is quiet. My children are fast asleep by 6.30/7.00.

I've now moved them both out of the living room into the utility room where its quiet. I didn't really want them in there as want them with us but I'm scared of frightening them, especially my Syrian as my dwarf doesnt seem phased. But I then worry if I move him into the quiet I will never have him back in the living room again. Obviously just want whats best for them both though.

What shall I do? Sorry for rambling! X
Issy2017 is offline   Reply With Quote