View Single Post
Old 09-18-2018, 07:52 AM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Bar biting... AGAIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by PumpkinSpice92 View Post
She seems fine health wise yeah - pooing/weeing/eating normally and very active
She already had the tube you've linked and I added one of those plastic bendy tube things at the side of the hyacinth one. She can turn fully round in the tubes that come with the cage and she likes them, and the new one is a fair bit bigger than those.
I THINK I've attached a picture of the layout pre bendy tube, haha

It looks really nice Clever idea having the shelves above each other - I hadn't thought of that. How does she get up to the top one?

So what are the recent changes? It's a clever set up and makes good use of the space. Not sure how the saucer is attached - could it be something moving under it?

One thing I found that helped with a nervous hamster was to have a circular route. Ours didn't seem interested in climbing on ramps or in toys unless they went somewhere. So he could get from one side of the cage to the other via the tube and sputnik, out the other side of the sputnik and down and either in the house or on it via the bendy bridge. And he literally did circuits that time he was stressed and bar biting.

If you were to tweak it in the future I'd suggest taking out the bottom shelf and having the flying saucer under there - and an upright wheel as well - it's a bonus having both but they do seem to run better in an upright wheel. Just wondering if there's something bothering her with the wheel placement/layout or something. Also if she can get up to the top shelf?

So the long bendy bridge could lead from one side of the cage to the other - leading to the shelf - or between the shelf and a house roof eg. I didn't have much luck with my long bendy bridge - it broke very quickly so I gave up on those and stuck to tubes.

Last edited by Pebbles82; 09-18-2018 at 07:58 AM.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote