View Single Post
Old 09-17-2018, 12:04 AM  
Hamsters4ever
Newborn Pup

Default My hamster has diabetes??

Hi, I have a hamster that is now 4 months old. We've had her for 3 months, and about 2 months ago (maybe more) she started showing symptoms of diabetes, like excessive drinking (that might have been because it was really hot) eating a lot, being really active, and she just couldn't be tamed, she would run and jump from my hand whenever I picked her up, at a speed I couldn't control, but for the last month or so, she's been eating and drinking normally, she's so social and friendly, she always wants to climb on my hand as soon as I put it in her cage, but she doesn't seem to grow, and whenever I put her in a plastic container, she almost instantly pees there (it doesn't have an acitone smell) . I'm quite confused, and I can't buy keno diastix where I live. Is this a sign that she had diabetes and now she's better? (when I first learned learned about hamster diabetes, 2 months ago, and that my species of hamsters is prone to that, (I have a Russian dwarf hamster) I took out the corn, and the green flakes from her seed mix, also I didn't give her any sweet fruits, that could worsen the situation) does she still have diabetes? Can I do something more than I do right now?
Hamsters4ever is offline   Reply With Quote