View Single Post
Old 09-14-2018, 08:35 AM  
Baron
Hamster Pup

Question Taming tips/advice needed

Luciano has been with me for over two weeks now. Most of that time he's doing alright. He gather food and nesting material, drinks well. But...he doesn't really show interest in people. He eats certains treats from the hand and react's to his nickname. He also just runs in his wheel, stopping to take short brakes but...doesn't really do anything else. I even had to remove the large silent spinner because the way he ran on that thing....the wheel was everything but silent! Now he has a trixie wheel. His cage is the Savic Plaza btw.

Aquaitance who's into some paranomal stuff said he's traumatized by something. The shop I got him from doesn't have much personnel walking around, so maybe some people bothered him? Or they didn't interact with him much.

Seems like a little lad that needs to come out of his shell, I guess. How can I help him adjust/make him more sociable without intruding to much on him? I don't wanna just grab him by force or anything.

He's also really tiny. I know he's male but he hardly seems much bigger then my dwarves. He's fairly young, about 4 months, will he grow?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Kleine hamster in groot wiel.jpg (1.13 MB, 23 views)

Last edited by Baron; 09-14-2018 at 08:41 AM.
Baron is offline   Reply With Quote