Thread: Is this true??
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2018, 01:19 AM  
Teddy001
I LOVE FURBABIES

Default Re: Is this true??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity7000 View Post
Animal welfare charities are usually clear that Syrians should always be kept alone once they reach 6 to 8 weeks and before that only with their mother or siblings (and only same sec siblings after 4 to 5 weeks I think). And that groups of same species dwarf hamsters can be kept together. I think implicit in that is that different species should not be kept together. Have you seen this happening? I doubt that Russian dwarfs could mate with robos or Syrians and if they tried then pregnancy wouldn’t occur. They are more likely to kill each other than mate I think. But yes sadly Campbell’s, winter whites and hybrids would all mate and that’s why there are hybrids and risks of genetic problems leading to diseases etc.
Yes, dwarf hybrids kept with robo. Also, told dwarf hybrids can be paired with other hamster species, due to in the wild, dwarfs live with other hamsters species, and other rodents.
I’ve always understood, hamster species such as dwarf hybrids should never be paired with any other hamster species.
Teddy001 is offline   Reply With Quote