View Single Post
Old 08-30-2018, 11:30 AM  
Quicksilver
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Excessive grooming possibly..

Hi Pumpkinspice92 and mangoandmimi. Thank you for your responses. Tali has a sandbath that she uses and she does scent mark quite a bit especially in her playpen. Early this morning before work Tali was up and about looking wet on her fur again and stomach and her bottom looked very brown like diarrhoea (we haven't seen this until today). Decided that Tali needed to see a vet in case wet tail.
Have just come back from the vets, am very upset and extremely worried. We've used the vets before and they were great with our last hamster. Today's visit was very stressful. Tali bit the vet badly causing a lot blood but more worrying Tali leapt from the vets hands and fell a fair height onto hard floor. This happened twice. Myself and vet are concerned could be internal injuries, I need to contact the vets to give them an update. Due to this Tali wasn't examined so will try and get photos of her under side for vet.

Tali is in her bed at the moment and seems ok, she took a couple of mealworms and wasn't hobbling. I am aware as prey animals they hide their pain. I am hoping and praying she will be fine. I am so upset at the moment and feel guilty for ever taking her to the vets now, but I did it as me and my partner were so worried she had possibly wet tail.

If anything happens to Tali I don't think I'll be ever able to forgive myself. We love her dearly.