View Single Post
Old 08-27-2018, 09:31 AM  
Coco61
GrannyHam

Default Re: Maestro is here!

Well everyone, Maestro was 6 months old yesterday. All grown up!
I was later than usual on Saturday night with feeding so he was up and about already. He was coaxed to the front of the cage with the smell of treats. Then to his disgust, he was scooped up and taken to be weighed in case I did not see him on the great day. He weighed in at exactly 200 gms, a very good size as I do not think he is fat at all.
He was rewarded with a chunk of baby sweetcorn for being so co operative but once again he was off back in to the cage, Sputnik and home in triumph with his treat!
I was cross with myself for not having my phone to hand for photos, so I tried again last night as it was his half birthday. Maestro was far too canny even to come out of bed! I lifted the roof of his outer room wafting treats which he came out to sniff. But he was not going to climb out for one! So with one hand on the roof panel and the other with a treat, he was safe from being lifted out for a photo shoot as I did not have a hand free. Ah well, I will keep trying this week and post when successful.
I have decided that he will be upgraded to the barney cage soon. He likes to spend his time at home and not exploring the great wide yonder. The only thing holding me back is that the Bracknell show is now less than 2 weeks away. I will wait until after that before I move him as that is bound to unsettle him a bit.
Coco61 is offline   Reply With Quote