View Single Post
Old 08-25-2018, 03:02 PM  
Lucas
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Rescued hamster's story + Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rads View Post
Bloody well done for the rescue..!
For a home why not use a cardboard tissue box? They are often used by folk for hamsters they do not have the condensation problem, and if and when they get soiled easy to change them out.
I suggest getting a sand bath for your little furball, chinchilla bathing sand is fine as is children's play sand so long as you bake it in an oven to sterilise it.
Hamsters love a sand bath they will also use it as a toilet to pee in probably just pop it into a corner of his cage he will soon find it.
Syrians love fresh veggies most love fresh Corn on the Cob, carrot, peas, broccoli, cucumber, apple, blueberries, watermelon etc. The list is almost endless, but NO repeat No citrus fruit.
Small amounts of cooked chicken is fine too, as is small amounts of plain cheese, plain yoghurt.

Have fun and enjoy..!
Thank you a lot for your reply and the cardboard tissue box is a great idea! As he was running around in my room I saw he loved playing with random boxes laying around. As for the sand bath I already bought the chinchilla sand its almost like a powder but I've never seen him using it to bathe himself. I read somewhere that I can manually "rub" the sand on him but I don't really understand that method. I did try many vegetables and fruits to see what he likes and doesn't. As for cheese, I gave him regular mozzarella does that count as a plain cheese?
Lucas is offline   Reply With Quote