View Single Post
Old 08-24-2018, 04:12 AM  
chloelclarke
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Climbing Rotastak Tubes and Making Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowerfairy View Post
Although many pet shops encourage selling dwarf hamsters in pairs the reality is that they very often fall out.

It is probably best to keep them as singles. Ron will be fine on his own.

I have a couple of roborovskis (in seoarate cages) and in my opinion, from what I have obseved from the 6 robos that I have owned they love to run and to dig.

Mallow lives in an 80 x 50ish cage with 5 inch deep fitch (soft paper) bedding, a sand tray and a wooden wheel from zooplus.

He seems very cotented.

Maple lives in a 100 x 54cm cage with narrow bars. She has always been very very active and seems to need the extra space.

I think the best way to give space is to give him a cage all on one level.

My robos love meal worms!!! They also like a few soaked porridge oats, raw broccli, nuts (not too many) and teeny bits of cheese.
Thanks for getting back to me! So far Ron has 2 large rooms on one level, and I was planning on adding smaller ones beside them so thank you! Your lil guy is so sweet! As he is a robo he definitely is more active like Maple so I have lots of things to keep him occupied!
He has a couple peanuts in his food and likes to pick them out so they’re definitely his favourites! I’ll have to give the others a try, I’m still not 100% on what he can and cannot eat so all suggestions are great thanks!
chloelclarke is offline   Reply With Quote