View Single Post
Old 08-20-2018, 07:01 AM  
chesca_27
PM Fluffy for custom title

Unhappy Insects in food?

I was setting up my carrier and cage today for my new hamster (which I'm getting in the next few hours) and getting my food out when I noticed lots of tiny white insects in the food. They're so small you can barely see them. I've binned the whole container and food and put both of my other bags of food in the freezer, but I don't think they are affected. One bag is still sealed and has been kept far away from the container but I'm not so sure about the open bag. The container was kept with my plastic tub of hamster food extras (e.g. chicken, different seeds, dried fruits and veg) so I'm wondering if they could have been affected too? I don't want to bin them unless I have to since they came from Germany and were quite expensive. Any advice?

I don't think any of the insects have got into the cage or carrier since I haven't put any food in there and Jasper passed away months ago.

Thanks