View Single Post
Old 08-16-2018, 12:28 AM  
cypher
Dwarf whisperer

Default Re: I hate my hamsters because they're so noisy!

Hams can be quite noisy at night as that's when they're most active & I can imagine it might well be hard to sleep with 6 of them in your room!
Cheaper wheels can be a bit of a problem although some are better than others, are the wheels squeaking or rattling around in the cage or banging against the walls of the bins? Sometimes oiling the wheels with veg oil can help, also make sure the wheels are really stable so they don't move around, I make little shelves for mine & put some toilet tissue under the wheel which I find keeps them in place & stops any noise from them moving around.
What are your bin set ups like, are the bins big enough for them to run around & do hamstery things?
Plenty of deep substrate & lots of things to explore in the cage like toilet roll tube toys & things to chew like hazel or apple sticks & whimzee dog chews can help.
Jumping or running around on the substrate shouldn't make any noise really if it's deep enough & keeping most of the things they use a little away from the walls of the bins should minimise noise too.
If you have any photos of your bin set ups we might be able to suggest things that could help.
❤️
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote