View Single Post
Old 08-13-2018, 07:30 AM  
Hammy992
Adult Hamster

Default Re: Noir the Smartie

Buraki, I completely understand where you're coming from about feeling guilt over some of the pets you had as a child. I myself had a couple of childhood pets who lived through less than ideal circumstances. One stand-out in particular was a rat I had as a teenager named Toffee. Right from the get-go he was living in a tiny and completely unsuitable multilevel cage. I didn't know anything about a rats' (or any rodents') dietary needs and so Toffee just ate whatever we were eating. His cage had a barred floor so he developed bumblefoot as he got older, and when a new kitten came into the household he became neglected for attention. Thinking about his life still makes me very sad and guilty, which is why when I moved to the UK and could finally have my first pet as an adult, I came onto this forum a lot and really did my research before finally getting my hamster Custard. I still have a lot to learn but I try to always do my best for him and give the highest level of care that I can.
The important thing, as Dreamtree has said, is that you learned from those experiences and took the opportunity to learn more about the animals in your care, and that is what makes a good pet owner. With the knowledge you've acquired over the years youre now able to give all your pets wonderful enriched lives as part of the family where they are very much loved and cared for.

As for Noir, he is absolutely adorable! I love his big ears and fluffy brush tail! He sounds like a very cheeky boy who'll definitely keep you on your toes running after him. I look forward to seeing more pictures and hearing about all the mischief he gets up to

Over the Rainbow Bridge - Custard 2 years and 8 months. Rest peacefully little one; forever loved xx
Hammy992 is offline   Reply With Quote