View Single Post
Old 07-30-2018, 11:17 AM  
spacebyte
Hamster Pup

Default Rhubarb and Crumble

I decided to make a thread for my sweet robo girls. We’ve had them just over three weeks now and they really seem to have settled in.

Crumble is the bigger, lighter coloured sister and most of the photos are of her. She’s been a bit more confident and up until tonight has been the only one who’s ventured onto my hand. She really loves the sandpit!

Rhubarb (or Ruby) is the smaller sister with darker coloured fur. She loves to run on the wheel (and they seem to share the same wheel often!) and has been very shy. Hoverever tonight she came straight on to my hand when I put it in with some seeds (first time ever!), ate them rather than pouching, and didn’t seem to notice when I raised my hand above the substrate. When the seeds were done I gently lowered her and she calmly waddled off. It’s been really hard to get her used to us but it seems the persistence is paying off!

She is the hamster on my hand in the picture- I needed proof for my boyfriend that she’d done it!

I still can’t just pick them up yet and this made cleaning them out a wee bit tricky but we managed. They seem to smell a bit more than Syrians but at the same time make less mess? It’s not a big deal and it’s not gross or making my house smell, the cage just seems more “hamstery”.

I’ve seen no signs of fighting between the two and they curl up together to sleep and share a wheel (They have more than one in the cage). I know this can change at any time and do have a in cage set up at all times.

Here are some pictures!

An album with a few wee videos and these pictures is here: https://imgur.com/gallery/RfU4zdr
spacebyte is offline   Reply With Quote