View Single Post
Old 07-27-2018, 12:34 PM  
pinkneon
Pink Glittery Hamsters

Default Re: pinkneon's photography!

It's been ages since I took any photos - mainly because of the heatwave we've had! It's been so hot here, and other than a two minute downpour earlier today, we've had no rain for a few months!! However I do have a couple of photos to share with you - and one is a seagull

This is Jeff. He lives on the roof of one of the nearby houses, but has been in our garden a lot lately - possibly because I've been leaving water out for all the birds! He followed me to the store the other day, and was a little miffed that I had no food for him when I came back out the store! As usual I stopped to play him some music (because I have a super weird habit of playing music to animals ...) though I don't think he appreciated it much!

I also saw this police car. Our city is getting ready for Pride - which is next weekend. Pride in this city is not just a day event, but an entire weekend, starting on Friday evening and ending on Sunday evening - though there are also a few extra events in the weeks leading up to it! It's big, colorful and loud!

I plan to take lots of photos at Pride next weekend, so will hopefully have lots to show you, but this year I'm both super excited and nervous. The company who owns my housing has a float each year, and this year I'm going to be on it!! Although Pride lasts a whole weekend, the main event is on the Saturday. There's a parade that starts around 11am, and then a huge party in the park where the parade ends. This year there's a new event happening on the Sunday in the same park - this is more of a family friendly event, although the Saturday events are mostly family friendly too.

Today there was a random two minute downpour of rain. I took this from the living room window - I had to stick my hand and phone out the window to take it, as I didn't want to go outside and get wet! I was trying to photograph the rain, but instead got the wet path! It's the first rain we've had for months! We've not even had the promised thunder storms!
pinkneon is offline   Reply With Quote