View Single Post
Old 07-25-2018, 05:23 AM  
Inca
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Skyler is a tyrant at playtime and I'm getting desperate; please help!

Quote:
I feel like whatever I do, I'm unable to satisfy her. It's incredibly frustrating and sometimes I just get SO angry with her. She was a really sweet, slightly timid little ham up until I started freeranging her out of her cage...then she turned into a tyrant. Part of me wishes I'd never let her in on the secret that there's an 'outside'! Hamster playtime feels like a tedious, horrible chore I have to do every night rather something to look forward to and enjoy. I I feel like my only hope is to pray that she might mellow out as she ages...but that's not guaranteed.
This is exactly how I feel with my Syrian right now. I let him roam around my bed a few times, and now he just sees me as a means to get out of his cage and go exploring. He's also extremely tenacious in trying to get out, he'll try for so long to just climb out of his bin cage that it honestly just frustrates me . I'm sorry I can't give you any advice on this, I just wanted to let you know that others might go through the same struggle. I also hope my boy calms down with age, but so far it's not looking too hopeful.
Inca is offline   Reply With Quote